Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The City of Wind

I was born here, and the truth is, I think I remember that day.


I have only experienced the Winter, Spring, Summer & Fall of Chicago. Occasionally we would trek outside the borders of Illinois on vacation, but rarely outside of the Midwest. I have so much pride in my town as Chicago is unlike any other city, with it's lakefront, windy downtown streets, night life, landmarks transportation and opportunity. As far as I am concerned, Chicago is the best city there is. I am proud to have been born and raised here.


And so...
Being a Winter Baby, and enjoying the first snowfall (probably more than others), the consideration of moving to a somewhat sweltering hot island is still an enigma, even to me. I have, for my entire life... preferred shivering over sweating. The Spring rain has a comforting aroma when it wafts through your windows. The summers are hot enough... tolerable, for the months it is here. And Autumn...


...Simply wondrous.







No comments:

Post a Comment